Monday 13 February 2012

Oh Marilyn!


Every woman can relate to Marilyn Monroe. Behind this breath-taking beauty who I believe to be one of the most stunning women who ever lived, stood a person whom we could almost see a part of ourselves in. Maybe we just wanted to see a part of ourselves in her.

Let's face it, as women we can sometimes be erratic. I sure know I can. And I know that Marilyn was probably the most erratic of them all. But one thing Marilyn said that I can relate to most of all is:

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

How many times have you not been at your best and someone just isn't having it? They ignore you. They bring you down. They make you feel worst. But when you are happy and everything is great, they are you're best friend? I think we have all been through that. I sure know I have. Who gives them the right to pick and choose when they want to be your friend? Of course it's much easier when everything is great. Even I will admit that. But it's the ones who stand by you no matter what that really matter. That person who's love and affection never wavers, never changes, no matter what you may be facing.

Don't surround yourself with the people who only want you when you are at your best. It's those friends, lovers, family members, who stand by you through the highs and low that really matter. The people who lift you up in your time of need, those are the people who really love and care for you.

Do yourselves a favour, don't settle for less than that. No one is perfect. Everyone has their moments. Everyone has their ups and their downs.

Don't give anyone who can't handle you at the worst of times the very best of you.

Thanks for reading,

Danielle

1 comment:

  1. I Believe it was Marilyn Monroe who said "Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world"...

    ReplyDelete